Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Face Palm Part II

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Face Palm Part II
« on: June 02, 2011, 09:59:46 AM »
Last night I'm flipping channels and come across this roundtable discussion on the hot topic of the recent weeks.....OSU.  The panel includes Matt Millen, Rod Gilmore and Andre Ware among others.  The first thing I hear is Rod Gilmore saying....and I paraphrase...

The media has treated Jim Tressel like the golden boy but the real issue here is how the young African American male is being crucified.  Terrell Pryor is being treated like a villian while Tressel is getting off sccott free.  Young African American males in this country...blah, blah, blah...racist rant..racist rant.

Andre Ware followed and basically said I usually agree with Rod but he's full of shit on this issue.  Terrell Pryor has to take responsibility for his actions and showing up to a team meeting in that car on top of everything else was just wrong.

Bottom line...Rod Gilmore is a huge part of what's wrong in this country where race relations are concerned.  The OSU situation has absolutely ZERO to do with race and to try and make it so shows him to be as big a racist as anyone out there in my book.  Screw him.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Face Palm Part II
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 10:07:24 AM »
Bottom line...Rod Gilmore is a huge part of what's wrong in this country where race relations are concerned.  The OSU situation has absolutely ZERO to do with race and to try and make it so shows him to be as big a racist as anyone out there in my book.  Screw him.

What little respect I had for him vanished a few years ago when he gave an opinion, and the guy on the show told him, "Rod, you're on crack."  And Gilmore started in with how it's racist to say that.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 10:17:14 AM »
What little respect I had for him vanished a few years ago when he gave an opinion, and the guy on the show told him, "Rod, you're on crack."  And Gilmore started in with how it's racist to say that.

To say that Tressel is being treated differently because he's white makes my blood boil.  Look, I don't feel sorry for the guy at all.  He's made himself a very rich man and achieved a lot of success in one of the highest profile jobs in the country.  But, he knew the rules and broke them and he's gone from the penthouse to the outhouse from a personal and professional standpoint.  He's the most talked about individual in sports right now and none of that talk is good.  What more do you want, Rod? 

Pryor, on the other hand, knew the rules too.  He and his teammates broke the rules and are going to pay the price too.  But Pryor knows he's played his last game in a Buckeye uniform and his next step is the NFL.  So what's he doing?  Flaunting it in everyone's face.  He knew exactly what he was doing rolling up in that car and he knew everyone's eyes are fixed on his every move.  What the hell does any of this have to do with race?  How do you possibly make that connection?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 11:34:22 AM »
Last night I'm flipping channels and come across this roundtable discussion on the hot topic of the recent weeks.....OSU.  The panel includes Matt Millen, Rod Gilmore and Andre Ware among others.  The first thing I hear is Rod Gilmore saying....and I paraphrase...

The media has treated Jim Tressel like the golden boy but the real issue here is how the young African American male is being crucified.  Terrell Pryor is being treated like a villian while Tressel is getting off sccott free.  Young African American males in this country...blah, blah, blah...racist rant..racist rant.

Andre Ware followed and basically said I usually agree with Rod but he's full of shit on this issue.  Terrell Pryor has to take responsibility for his actions and showing up to a team meeting in that car on top of everything else was just wrong.

Just FWIW, Gilmore is a lawyer first by profession, analyst second. He's always on the lookout to stir some shit up and/or lure future clients.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 11:37:28 AM »
Just FWIW, Gilmore is a lawyer first by profession, analyst second. He's always on the lookout to stir some shit up and/or lure future clients.

He is not a lawyer that cares.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 11:44:36 AM »

Nail, head, hammer and stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 11:45:16 AM »
He is not a lawyer that cares.

Hell no he ain't.

There is only ONE who truly cares...........

This guy:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 12:35:07 PM »
Say it babe.  Cock of the walk
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 02:55:34 PM »
Hat thief...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 02:59:21 PM »
Hat thief...

Oh so you're implying that all hot white girls are thieves????

You racist bastard
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 03:01:52 PM »
It's really hard to find a nice hat now days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 03:03:02 PM »
It's really hard to find a nice hat now days.

Even harder to keep one when you do
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 03:05:50 PM »

Tell me about it, I have a nice.................ah hell, never mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 04:43:32 PM »
Notice the bookshelf leaning to the right in the background - did al.com adjust that picture because $aban was standing next to you?

Did the rest of your law books fall off that leaning shelf?  Surely your wife doesn't take those away from you too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 12:42:27 AM »
You better have that jimmie hat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.