Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

For a Brief Moment, They Praised the Tornado

For a Brief Moment, They Praised the Tornado
« on: April 28, 2011, 04:08:48 PM »
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - The University of Alabama has suspended operations on campus due to recovery efforts from Wednesday’s tornado that hit Tuscaloosa, according to a statement released today.

According to the statement on the university’s website, final exams have been canceled next week.

Students will have the option of accepting their existing grades as of April 27, 2011, or they can take a final exam at a later date, according to the statement.

For those students who request to take a final exam, faculty will have the option of scheduling the final exam on site when normal operations resume or via distance education means.

This schedule change includes all enrolled students except those in the School of Law and School of Medicine. Their academic calendars vary and they should be in touch with their faculty for confirmation of their exam schedule.

The university is asking faculty to communicate with their students via e-learning or their normal means as facilities are restored.

Commencement exercises scheduled for May 7 have been rescheduled for Aug. 6, when May and August graduates will be recognized.