Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Updyke attacked

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Updyke attacked
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 06:21:35 PM »
Harvey's assailants sure thought this out thoroughly, ensuring that Harvey happened to stop at the only gas station in the fucking world with no surveillance camera...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 06:22:57 PM »
Also I'm hearing that he was in the ER for a little less than an hour?  Is that true?

Because if you ask me, a head injury is kept for a while.  Just in case nausea or dizziness shows up.
After this was called to attention, Finebaum reported that after waiting an hour in the waiting room, he just up and left because he didn't feel like waiting.  :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 06:24:01 PM »
Here's the real evidence it's all bullshit.  Just after Updyke left the Lee Co. courthouse, having asked the court for leave to go out of state while on bond, because he's scared to remain here, this...

"Somewhere right outside of Opelika Harvey stopped at a gas station to get a drink and some gas,
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 06:27:16 PM »
After this was called to attention, Finebaum reported that after waiting an hour in the waiting room, he just up and left because he didn't feel like waiting.  :taunt:

Hahaha. 

I'm sorry.  If you get hit so hard you black out, you feel like waiting. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 06:28:23 PM »
Here's the real evidence it's all bullshit.  Just after Updyke left the Lee Co. courthouse, having asked the court for leave to go out of state while on bond, because he's scared to remain here, this...

Not just decided to stop at a gas station.

He stopped at this gas station.

I know that I wouldn't stop in the bammer equivalent to that in Tuscaloosa, and I'm not a redneck fucking psychopath on trial for destroying my rival's most treasured symbol.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »
Not just decided to stop at a gas station.

He stopped at this gas station.

I know that I wouldn't stop in the bammer equivalent to that in Tuscaloosa, and I'm not a redneck fucking psychopath on trial for destroying my rival's most treasured symbol.

I'm just wondering...looking at the set up of that gas station...why anyone would need to stroll around to the back? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 06:36:33 PM »
I'm just wondering...looking at the set up of that gas station...why anyone would need to stroll around to the back?
To slam their head into the wall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 06:46:06 PM »
Finebaum just said the girl at the gas station is disputing the story, but that she wishes to remain anonymous.

Then he laughs his ass off saying "Journalism 101 folks. There are two people on record siting sources, and you're going to listen to an anonymous source?"  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Obvious hypocrisy aside, would you want your name in all this shit so that you could be attacked next?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 06:48:23 PM »
Now they're saying the doctor said the injury is consistent with getting hit in the head with a board. I thought he left the waiting room before getting seen! Jesus!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 06:57:07 PM »
Now they're saying the doctor said the injury is consistent with getting hit in the head with a board. I thought he left the waiting room before getting seen! Jesus!

You know this is going to turn in to a week long "sling mud at Auburn" session on the net and radio.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 06:57:53 PM »
Fuck it. If someone really did hit this son of a bitch over the head, I would like to buy them a beer. Hell, I wish I would have been the one to do it. Funny, the irony of getting hit over the head with an object that comes from a tree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »
It's just a damn shame that whomever "attacked" him didn't violate him with a branch from either of the Oaks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 07:50:21 PM »
It's just a damn shame that whomever "attacked" him didn't violate him with a branch from either of the Oaks.

Damn, that would be funny.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:56:12 PM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 08:32:16 PM »
I had the perfect sentence for Updyke and he goes and pulls a fast one. Where is his FAMILY on a day such as this? Wouldn't an attorney ask such questions rather than throw caution to the wind and just count on him showing up? And it looks as if dementia or instability are off the table if your going to let the hateful bastard just wander around Lee County.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 08:34:37 PM »
I had the perfect sentence for Updyke and he goes and pulls a fast one. Where is his FAMILY on a day such as this? Wouldn't an attorney ask such questions rather than throw caution to the wind and just count on him showing up? And it looks as if dementia or instability are off the table if your going to let the hateful bastard just wander around Lee County.

Auburn is full of thugs and armed robbers.  We also pay football players to kill kittens and rape small children.  His family is well protected on an island somewhere in the South Pacific.

And that's why his family was no where near Auburn today.  (I don't know why I didn't type this earlier)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:14:28 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 09:09:58 PM »
Auburn is full of thugs and armed robbers.  We also pay football players to kill kittens and rape small children.  His family is well protected on an island somewhere in the South Pacific.
Sounds very frightening, definitely not for the feint of heart. I take it adult cats and large children are safe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2011, 11:24:52 PM »
So, is Pawwww Fuckhead still going with the "Updyke was attacked by the Auburn people" storyline, or did he realize that they can't keep their story straight and that everyone with half a brain can see right through their bullshit story, so he's going to bail?

I've said it before, I'll say it again, something big is about to go down regarding SPuat...they can't get their next Auburn hit story out quick enough.  I think if I type Story one more time I'm going to stab a Updyke in the face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 11:27:42 PM »
Two very interesting articles about the situation.

http://madvertiserblogs.com/HABOTN/2011/04/20/updyke-alleges-attack-after-hearing/

(You'll have to click the link to see the pictures)

Updyke alleges attack after hearing
Posted on April 20, 2011 by ">Jay G. Tate

The Tiger Express station where Harvey Updyke alleges he was attacked.
Hey everyone.

So Harvey Updyke, the alleged tree poisoner, told Opelika police that he was attacked on his way home from the Lee County Courthouse this afternoon. He told them that he pulled into the Tiger Express gas station to make a purchase and was “assaulted by one or more people.”

Updyke’s lawyer, Glennon Threatt Jr., said on Paul Finebaum’s radio program that his client was hit as he was pumping gas in front of the station.

“Before he could get out of the car, it went black,” Threatt said. “He woke up on the ground next to the gas pump at the gas station. The clerk had called the Opelika police and the Opelika police responded.”

Updyke says he never saw the assailant(s) who punched him.

Allan Elkins, a captain with the Opelika PD, said officers did observe two scratches on Updyke’s face: A 4-inch cut above his right eye and a 1-inch scratch between the eyes. Still, Elkins said “the extent of his injuries does not equate to an assault charge.”

Elkins told the Opelika-Auburn News that Updyke “has not really been too cooperative at this point.”

Here’s where it gets weird: The clerk who was working throughout the afternoon said she saw nothing unusual. Nobody came into the station claiming to have been assaulted. Nobody came in asking for help.

She has an unobstructed view of all the pumps. That side of the station has floor-to-ceiling glass panes that provide a clear view of the storefront. The clerk faces the pumps while working.

“It’s been a regular day except for all the reporters,” said the clerk, who declined to give her name. “He never came in here and said anything to me about it. He never came in the store. The only way I know about it is news folks.”

Updyke told police that he went from the gas station to East Alabama Medical Center for treatment, which is about two miles away. We know that happened because a reporter from CBS 8 in Montgomery interviewed Updyke there. He then allegedly came back to the gas station to review surveillance video.

The clerk, who was the only employee on site until approximately 5 p.m., said nobody asked her for surveillance video.

If Updyke did park in the front of the station, he would have been in plain view of that clerk and anyone around him.

Could Updyke have parked on the side or behind the station instead? I spent 15 minutes at the gas station beginning at 5:35 p.m. Twenty-seven cars pulled in. All of them parked in front of the building.

Here are shots from the spot where the alleged attack occurred:

This is the back of the station, looking southeast.

This is the back of the station, looking northwest.

This is the northwest end of the property, looking toward the spot where I photographed the first two shots.

This is the front of the store ... where everyone parks.

This is some toothpaste I found behind the store. Smoking gun?
So, could this alleged assault have actually occurred? I find it suspicious for a few reasons.

• Updyke likely would benefit from a change of venue in his criminal case.

• Updyke likely would benefit from demonstrating that Lee County is a dangerous place for him.

• The clerk working at the time of the alleged incident said she saw nothing unusual. Nobody entered the store asking for help or to report an assault.

• If Updyke was pumping gas in front of the store, why didn’t the clerk see anything?

• The clerk said nobody requested to see surveillance video, which contradicts what Updyke told Opelika police.

I’m not a judge. I don’t play one on TV. I don’t have every available piece of evidence in front of me.

Still, something here seems fishy to me.

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2011/04/lets-review/

Let’s piece together the events of this afternoon, shall we?
1. Harvey Updyke, a man so shrewd he admitted to (virtually) the entire state on live radio he had committed the crime which now threatens to put him behind bars for years, pulls into this gas station. He claims that as he exits his car, he is immediately assaulted by an unknown assailant. However, the attendant at the station sees nothing occur and tells reporters she believes Updyke to have been behind the station when the assault occurs.
2. The assailant knocks Updyke completely unconscious. In the words of his lawyer, “it went black” and “he woke up on the ground.” However, Updyke does not tell police that he was knocked unconscious, saying that he was “punched about his face” by one or more assailants. Or, per the attendant, he was either knocked unconscious or punched about his face behind the store.
3. Because he has been knocked completely unconscious, Updyke is unable to provide any kind of description of his assailant or any kind of potential identifying detail. Or, in the event he was conscious, Updyke is unable to provide any kind of description of his assailant for reasons that this blogger is unable to discern. The police chief reports that Updyke “has not really been too cooperative.”
In either case, there are no other witnesses despite this occurring in direct view of the attendant. There is no surveillance video. Fortunately, because he is so shrewd, the accused criminal is a highly credible sole witness.
4. Despite having either been knocked completely unconscious or assaulted so badly he was unable to offer a single detail regarding his attacker or attackers, Updyke’s only injury (or only one worth reporting, anyway) per the Opelika police chief is “a scratch on the forehead.”
5. Despite having been knocked completely unconscious just minutes before — potentially by a wooden board, though why doctors would need to tell Updyke how he had been attacked when he told police he had been punched is curious — or simply assaulted by an attacker or attackers who must not have gotten too far either on foot or in the car Updyke managed not to see while he engaged in some activity this blogger is unable to discern, Updyke declines to call either an ambulance or police. He drives himself to the East Alabama Medical Center.
6. Despite having been knocked completely unconscious, potentially by a wooden board, Updyke is released by the EAMC within the neighborhood of 60-75 minutes.
By everyone’s account, this is an extremely small amount of time to wait in an emergency room with any kind of serious injury, such as the kind sustained when being knocked completely unconscious, potentially by a wooden board. Though to be fair, Updyke himself did not believe himself to have been either knocked unconscious or struck by a wooden board.
6.While there, Updyke meets with a television reporter. Within minutes, the lawyer is appearing on the Schmaul Schmineschmaum Schmow (er, Show) to explain about the attack. “I had nothing to do with my client being attacked at a gas station,” the lawyer says, for unclear reasons.
So, what conclusions can we draw about the events listed above?
If you believe many mainstream journalists like Pat Forde, there is only one: football fans in Alabama are barbarians, Auburn fans like the one that assaulted Updyke included. The events of the afternoon make it obvious.
To which I can only say, well, clearly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 11:39:27 PM »
His Attorney said "I had nothing to do with the attack" because he's trying to make it look like Updyke should get a change of venue because Lee County is just so damn dangerous for his client.  He wants to put it out there that he didn't order Updyke to punch himself repeatedly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs