Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Scarbo as the cool voice of reason?

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Scarbo as the cool voice of reason?
« on: February 28, 2011, 12:54:40 PM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/02/its_past_time_for_john_bond_an.html

It's past time for John Bond and Bill Bell to put up or shut up.

To stop teasing and threatening.

To stop hinting, then hemming and hawing.

To stop using third parties like Scott Moore as a warning.

If those two former Mississippi State football players have a tape or tapes of Cecil Newton asking for money to send his son Cam to their school, as Moore said Friday during a radio interview with WNSP in Mobile, they should play them for the public.

If Bond and Bell have a tape or tapes to prove that Cam Newton was in the room when his dad was asking for money to send him to State, as Moore also said when he described having heard some of the tapes, they should play them, too.

And not for pay.

If they're trying to cash in because, as Moore said Friday, the tapes "have a lot of value," they're no better than Cecil Newton himself.

Of course, the NCAA already has ruled that the elder Newton and another former Mississippi State player, Kenny Rogers, discussed a pay-for-play scheme to send the quarterback to State, so that's not exactly news.

Proof that Cam Newton knew about their discussions, which the NCAA said it couldn't prove but many people believe, would be big news.

Moore said the NCAA heard at least some of the tapes last fall before Auburn declared Newton ineligible and the NCAA quickly reinstated him without conditions. Did the NCAA hear all of the tapes? If not, why not? And why does Bond continue to play this cat-and-mouse game with the tapes?

If he and Bell are interested in telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, they should go ahead and tell it. Not sell it.

Their credibility, and that of their old school, is at stake here, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Scarbo as the cool voice of reason?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »
15 minutes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 02:03:29 PM »
Good writeup. Thanks for posting that wes. I'm out of pocket all day so having not to link to al.com helped.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 03:11:33 PM »
Scarbo summed it up nicely. I am just having a hard time believing that there are any new tapes or info. Usually when the NCAA or the FBI (especially) one is pretty forthcoming with any evidence you would think. Also that the NCAA hasn't heard these tapes that supposedly Moore has had the privilege to hear? Highly unlikely I would think. The jackwagons, Bell and Moore, must be smoking crack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 03:40:15 PM »
Scarbo summed it up nicely. I am just having a hard time believing that there are any new tapes or info. Usually when the NCAA or the FBI (especially) one is pretty forthcoming with any evidence you would think. Also that the NCAA hasn't heard these tapes that supposedly Moore has had the privilege to hear? Highly unlikely I would think. The jackwagons, Bell and Moore, must be smoking crack.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=184463194928223&id=183088368399039

With all the national media sources digging for information, why would Bell choose a recently paroled prisoner as the Deep Throat for his tapes. 

And why would he withhold them from the NCAA unless they contained information damaging to either him or MSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 03:49:24 PM »

With all the national media sources digging for information, why would Bell choose a recently paroled prisoner as the Deep Throat for his tapes. 

And why would he withhold them from the NCAA unless they contained information damaging to either him or MSU.

Moore's claims smack of a ratings ploy designed to get people to tune in to his show.   It seems to be a crass plea for attention, banking on the wattage of Newton in an effort to get his new show off the ground.

I think that pretty much says it all right there. He needs people to call in, regardless of of the facts. He needs the exposure and the publicity regardless if its negative or positive. He probably thought at the least his phones lines and radio waves would be full of cousin grinding Updikes like himself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Homer Samford

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 10:18:46 AM »

If you ask the Bammers it is because he's waiting on the FBI, ATF, Men In Black, and the Archangel Michael to swoop in and suck Auburn into a black hole.

Or maybe he's just in CYA mode.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 10:23:05 AM »
If you ask the Bammers it is because he's waiting on the FBI, ATF, Men In Black, and the Archangel Michael to swoop in and suck Auburn into a black hole.

Or maybe he's just in CYA mode.

I just thought it was cause he liked the Deep Throat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 10:26:03 AM »
Anyone remember Logan Young?  Sure you do.  Anyone recall why he wound up facing criminal charges, being found guilty and getting ready to serve jail time prior to falling up the stairs.  You remember, right?  Next question.  Anyone know why the FBI decided to get involved in Newton/MSU issue?  That's right...for the same reasons. 

I have a feeling the FBI knows what to look for....who to talk to....what questions to ask. Far better than Shane from Central Points.  And you don't...don't...DO NOT keep evidence from them.

This remains an issue on the Finebaum show and with some recently paroled criminal named Moore trying to make a name for himself.  The national media has even started to tire of the whole drama and has moved on to Spring Training, Carmelo blockbuster trades, the upcoming March madness etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Homer Samford

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 10:34:23 AM »
... and with some recently paroled criminal named Moore trying to make a name for himself. 

Wait...Judge Roy Moore did time? Say it ain't so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 10:34:42 AM »
I have a feeling the FBI knows what to look for....who to talk to....what questions to ask. Far better than Shane from Central Points.  And you don't...don't...DO NOT keep evidence from them.

Tampering with the feds doesn't get you a night in county lock up in the drunk tank.  They send you to federal pound me in the ass prison.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 10:36:36 AM »
Anyone remember Logan Young?  Sure you do.  Anyone recall why he wound up facing criminal charges, being found guilty and getting ready to serve jail time prior to falling up the stairs.  You remember, right?  Next question.  Anyone know why the FBI decided to get involved in Newton/MSU issue?  That's right...for the same reasons. 

This remains an issue on the Finebaum show and with some recently paroled criminal named Moore trying to make a name for himself.  The national media has even started to tire of the whole drama and has moved on to Spring Training, Carmelo blockbuster trades, the upcoming March madness etc.

The FBI's only interest in this would have been if money changed hands.  When they found no money trail, they were done.  After all was said and done, Logan Young was only convicted of strcturing payments to avoid IRS reporting.  Thats it.  The FBI has no direct interest in NCAA matters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 10:40:28 AM »
If you listened to Moore on Finescum alot of what he kept saying was Cecil asked for money he did...he asked for money.  Well no shit, I wanted to call in and fucking say....he admitted that.  Nothing was ever brought up about Auburn....NOTHING!!! UT and MSU...blah, blah, blah...this is all old news.

Shit Milkshake <----- I'm gonna coin the phrase.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 10:58:06 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 11:00:34 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 11:25:24 AM »
The FBI's only interest in this would have been if money changed hands.  When they found no money trail, they were done.  After all was said and done, Logan Young was only convicted of strcturing payments to avoid IRS reporting.  Thats it.  The FBI has no direct interest in NCAA matters.

Exactly.  And had money changed hands, Cecil/Rogers...whoever, would have faced similar charges for some form of tax evasion.  But, no money did change hands and IF there are/were actually tapes that existed, the FBI heard them...and I would dare say, the NCAA did as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 12:35:23 PM »
Exactly.  And had money changed hands, Cecil/Rogers...whoever, would have faced similar charges for some form of tax evasion.  But, no money did change hands and IF there are/were actually tapes that existed, the FBI heard them...and I would dare say, the NCAA did as well.

Fowler and Eidsmoe would be so proud of us.  The law is a stern mistress.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 12:39:26 PM »
Fowler and Eidsmoe would be so proud of us.  The law is a stern mistress.

Shirley Howell says hey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions