Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Hate Gossips

I Hate Gossips
« on: November 16, 2010, 07:20:06 AM »
Redfish has been pushing most of the Cam Newton information to the public.  Redfish is considered by many message board posting Alabama fans to be THE inside source for all things college football.  He's had things to say about Cam Newton that make it seem like we're on the verge of the death penalty. 

And he's going on a book tour to share the information. 

Willam Barger aka REDFISH.

November 16, 2010 Today is the day ! 

We are extremely excited to have William Barger  aka Redfish speak on November16!

If you spend any time on the message boards you know that William has the scoop into the Bama program and has his ear very close to the ground. This week, NOBODY has had more information on the Cam Newton story than Redfish and he is coming TUESDAY NIGHT to SHARE IT WITH US.  This is a DEFINITE DO NO T MISS MEETING.  It will be a JAW DROPPING NIGHT. Bring you friends.   They will love you for it.

Let me challenge you to send this email to 10 BAMA fans.  If you do we should have over 100 in attendance for this event.  We  do not charge admission for these events but we  do pass the hat.

If you need directions they may be found at this link. All of our events are held at Greenbrier BBQ off I-565 at exit 3 (next to Thomas Furniture and Harley Davidson between Decatur and Huntsville).

Welcome to the new website for  North Alabama Tide fans.  As many of you know our group started out as a small group of about a dozen and have grown to over 150 at some of our meetings. Many of of our members are regular visitors of Tider Insider, Bama Mag or other sports forum boards.  You do not have to be part of any particular organization  or a member of a forum board to be a part of our group.

This website has been created so that we can organize our events more effectively and at times sell tickets or DVD's.  Some of our members belong to Tider Insiders, some to Bama Mag and some members are just Bama fans.

Hopefully this site will give you a better chance to prepare for our future meetings and a better way to contact other members of our group.  Please go to the guest book area and fill out your info so we may keep in contact with you. The guest book is also a great area for you to go for your comments and ideas for our group and it's future.  We also request you go to the poll area and answer the questions so we have your input on how to procede in the future.

http://www.nati.myevent.com/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Token

Re: I Hate Gossips
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 08:24:05 AM »
I told you. 

It's the counterstrike to operation red dog.  I'm not kidding about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 08:40:26 AM »
I told you. 

It's the counterstrike to operation red dog.  I'm not kidding about that.

Except the counterstrike has Jay Barker. 

I seriously can't believe how much of a douchebag he has been on the radio. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 08:50:15 AM »
Except the counterstrike has Jay Barker. 

I seriously can't believe how much of a douchebag he has been on the radio.

That's your fault.

I am not going to believe shit else I read if it doesn't come from Auburn, the SEC or the NCAA. Anything else is bullshit to me. I am not saying it won't happen, I just can't let myself get worked up about al these guys really wanting to bring Auburn to it's knees. These fuckers can't stand Auburn and will do anything to turn it down...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 09:01:32 AM »
Jay Barker has and always will be a douchebag. I know plenty of bammer alum that hate his guts. I make it a point to never listen to him....because I seriously start to contemplate hate crimes.

As for this "jaw dropping" meeting tonight...I know exactly where this place is. There won't be a full set of teeth in the house.
I wish I was home. I sure would have a Bear is still Dead sign out in the parking lot when they rolled up out of there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 09:19:29 AM »
Yep, its jaw dropping alright. Jaws dropping enough to put Lord Sabynz wittle wee wee in their moufs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 10:46:52 AM »
Let's break this down:

If you spend any time on the message boards you know that William has the scoop into the Bama program and has his ear very close to the ground. This week, NOBODY has had more information on the Cam Newton story

Have we seriously gotten to the point in our society where "the message boards" are actually considered a legitimate source of information?   Does some guy that "has his ear close to the ground" and posts on a message board have enough credibility to actually draw a live crowd?  How does this equation work?:  William posts on message boards + has his ear close to the ground + has scoop on Bammer program = has the most "information" about the Cam Newton Story 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 11:12:26 AM »
Let's break this down:

If you spend any time on the message boards you know that William has the scoop into the Bama program and has his ear very close to the ground. This week, NOBODY has had more information on the Cam Newton story

Have we seriously gotten to the point in our society where "the message boards" are actually considered a legitimate source of information?   Does some guy that "has his ear close to the ground" and posts on a message board have enough credibility to actually draw a live crowd?  How does this equation work?:  William posts on message boards + has his ear close to the ground + has scoop on Bammer program = has the most "information" about the Cam Newton Story

EX-FUCKING-ZACTLY

This goes back to the base argument that Chad and I have about Wikipedia not being a "source" for a paper.  The information can be manipulated and changed by the masses.  I am all for the free exchange of information but the sensationalism that goes along with it in today's society is the dangerous part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 11:21:11 AM »
Wikipedia and Bleacher Report/the Bunker are worlds apart in their validity.

Just sayin.

I totally agree with you on the intarwebz as a whole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 11:23:58 AM »
Let's break this down:

Yes, we are there.  For every sane individual who enjoys a few minutes on the interwebz, there are 100 people who are just waiting for some internet fodder to throw at their rival fans.  And they are all of the same ilk, regardless of their colors. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 11:35:23 AM »
EX-FUCKING-ZACTLY

This goes back to the base argument that Chad and I have about Wikipedia not being a "source" for a paper.  The information can be manipulated and changed by the masses.  I am all for the free exchange of information but the sensationalism that goes along with it in today's society is the dangerous part.

Wikipedia as a source for a legitimate news outlet?  Not a chance.  For Shane from Centerpoint?  Maybe. 

Again...we get back to the line being so blurry these days.  Bloggers on the net are not journalists.  Some may attempt to be, and some may attempt to apply ethical standard in their blogs.  But they have no oversight, and most have no training, and don't know the difference in "source" and a "rumor monger".  I love Auburn, and Auburn football.  I try to keep up with what's going on, and I have an opinion, but in no way, shape or form am I a "source" for ANYTHING Auburn in terms of information.  The line is further blurred by legitimate news outlets allowing "journalists" or pseudo-journalist to "blog" on their "legitimate news" platform, thus giving it the appearance of "journalism" or "news".    And many folks don't have a built in "filter" for all the misinformation they have to sort through to find the real nuggets of information out there.  Finally, with the information superhighway as it is, the need to "get it out now" is greater than every before.   I'll cite an example:  The "reports" by legitimate news outlets a couple of years ago that Tubs had been hired at Ark.   30 years ago, no news paper or TV news would have run with that and been wrong.  Today, they run with stories like that via "confirmed sources" who are, in fact, no source at all.  I mean you can find 2 people that have heard the same rumor...that doesn't make them "sources". 

And with today's younger "internet generation"...EVERYTHING they read on the net is considered "news" or "good information".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 03:08:27 PM »
And...some of y'all don't think that SPuat is behind the Cam story, pushing it with everything they've got....Now the Nick Fairley slanderous stories will start coming out, sooner rather than later.  SPuat fans know that they can't compete against an Auburn team that's on a level playing field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 11:12:27 PM »
I see that first pic of this thread and can think of only one thing......

ZOLTAN!!!

Like sheep I tell ya....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 02:40:56 AM »
Hey bammers, y'all keep saying that Auburn fans have Little Brother Syndrome...LAUGHINGMYFUCKINGASSOFF.  ZOLTAN!!!!!!!!  Btw, I know what was said at the klan....I mean, bammer hush puppy get together.  I'll post it later, it'll take some time, but I'll wallow through the garbage for all to see.  It's priceless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs