« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 05:35:50 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Bo Knows
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 09:26:01 AM »
I watched it 5 times in a row, and got chills every time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 10:36:47 AM »
First, that video is cool.  I got chills and a lump in my throat too.

Second.  I've heard a lot of people dismiss this accomplishment for various reasons.   It's really because of Cam, blah, blah, blah. 

Let me point out that Auburn is pretty much known as Running Back U.  Bo wasn't the first great one, though he was the best.  (Ok, y'all knew that)  There's been quite a few pretty good one's since then. (Probably knew that too)   Carnell, Ronnie, Stephen Davis to name three pretty damn good ones.  And a slew of others that toted the rock significant times.  It's been 28 years since Bo set that record.  TWENTY EIGHT YEARS!  Dyer wasn't even the starter the first three games, and he did it in 11 games...Auburn played 12 games in 1982.   Dyer has only had 6 games with double digit attempts, and only 2 with 20+.  Dyer is averaging 6.3 ypc, where Bo avg'd 6.6 over his career, and 6.5 his Fr. season.  I'm not trying to use this as a predictor of what he'll do at Auburn, but the significance of this achievement is pretty high considering the time elapsed, and players that came before him.

Just sayin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 12:54:08 PM »
If it's "really" because of anyone, it's because of the O-line.  But even they can't do anything but give him a hole.  Seems to me it was Dyer's legs doing the moving.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 03:10:56 PM »
If it's "really" because of anyone, it's because of the O-line.  But even they can't do anything but give him a hole.  Seems to me it was Dyer's legs doing the moving.
It's the power of the "third leg".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs