Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Nick Fairley is dirty?

JR4AU

Nick Fairley is dirty?
« on: November 14, 2010, 11:58:43 PM »
His hit that got flagged was in the 3rd Q.

This was in the 2nd.  And if you don't think that's an intentional shot at Nick's knee, I don't know what is.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Nick Fairley is dirty?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 02:18:10 AM »
If you don't want # 90 to hit your QB, then block his ass. Otherwise, put in a quicker QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 08:36:05 AM »
He was definitely dirty when the two ThUGA Linemen drove him into the ground and started donkey punching him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 09:46:30 AM »
He was definitely dirty when the two ThUGA Linemen drove him into the ground and started donkey punching him.

And gouging out his eyes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 11:45:48 AM »
I'm sick of hearing this bullshit.

This is another public perception that I can't understand.

One late hit, that he got penalized for, and he's scum of the earth thug?

The final straw being when he got blocked into Murray's knee by his OL? How can anyone watch the clip of him "going for the knees", really see that in the clip? It's not there.

And how is the nation focused on Fairley being such a bad guy, and totally excusing the intentiona chop blocking on him? (read: unlike the one missed assignment that earned us the name "Chop Block U")

How have I not heard anything about that #60 piling on after the chop block, 5 seconds after the play, and gouging Fairley's eyes?

How is no one talking about #61 starting the shoving match, followed by several other UGA players pushing players, and then the entire team clearing the bench, and Richt telling the refs "That's what you get when you don't throw the flag".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 12:00:39 PM »
I'm sick of hearing this bullshit.

This is another public perception that I can't understand.

One late hit, that he got penalized for, and he's scum of the earth thug?

The final straw being when he got blocked into Murray's knee by his OL? How can anyone watch the clip of him "going for the knees", really see that in the clip? It's not there.

And how is the nation focused on Fairley being such a bad guy, and totally excusing the intentiona chop blocking on him? (read: unlike the one missed assignment that earned us the name "Chop Block U")

How have I not heard anything about that #60 piling on after the chop block, 5 seconds after the play, and gouging Fairley's eyes?

How is no one talking about #61 starting the shoving match, followed by several other UGA players pushing players, and then the entire team clearing the bench, and Richt telling the refs "That's what you get when you don't throw the flag".

UGA is 5-6...Auburn is 11-0.  It ain't hard to figure out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 12:35:46 PM »
The only thing I do not like about him is he does try to drive the QB into the ground. Which really is not a rule but more of a gentlemen's rule. But whatever it's football so either block him or deal with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 12:38:39 PM »
The only thing I do not like about him is he does try to drive the QB into the ground. Which really is not a rule but more of a gentlemen's rule. But whatever it's football so either block him or deal with it.

If it ain't a rule, it ain't a rule. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 12:39:52 PM »
     The chop block was a retaliation for dirty play.  He's had several hits on qb's this year that are questionable, both picking up the qb and driving them in the ground and hitting late.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 12:46:17 PM »
     The chop block was a retaliation for dirty play.  He's had several hits on qb's this year that are questionable, both picking up the qb and driving them in the ground and hitting late.

See earlier post.

All of our opponents are welcome to use this tactic on our QB. We call it part of the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 01:31:22 PM »
Funny how the Waaaammbulances all come out when you're doing well.  I won't be a hypocrit here and use AU fans as a perfect examle.  Remember how last year we all screamed conspiracy when Bama didn't get a holding penalty in the last 27 games payed?  Had to be a record.  Had to be a reason for it, right.  Damn cheaters...got the refs in their pocket.  Too scared of Lord Saybinz.

Auburn is 11-0 and due in part to Fairley's evil plot to injure and permanently disable all opposing QB's.  His knees, eyes and career are all fair game because remember the time he tackled Ryan Mallet too hard?  Georgia's players were justified in trying to blow his knee up long before their QB was hit.  Just look at how beat up Clemson's QB was because of the wicked Nick.  If AU was 5-6 right now, this wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 01:38:26 PM »

No flags thrown on either this year on Fairley until AFTER the chop block.  Your a dirty piece of shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 01:41:21 PM »

Is that the play everyone is pissed about? 

I don't know peeps.  It's hard to say he wasn't intentionally trying to break Murray's spine on that hit.  I didn't see it live, but was that the flagged play?  I sure as hell hope so. 

I'd like to hear the prowler's opinion of that hit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 01:46:02 PM »

I don't know peeps.  It's hard to say he wasn't intentionally trying to break Murray's spine on that hit.  I didn't see it live, but was that the flagged play?  I sure as hell hope so. 

No. That is the one that was flagged and I think everyone here knows that that hit was late and should have been a penalty. The one in questions is the one wear he hit Murray's knee. Kind of like what happened to Palmer a couple of years ago in the playoff game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 01:47:22 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, this was the one that was flagged. The one that seemed to piss off Georgia was at the end of the game where Nick was blocked and as he was falling down his helmet smacked the QB. The QB left the game. The very next play was when eyes were gouged and punches thrown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 01:47:55 PM »
No. That is the one that was flagged and I think everyone here knows that that hit was late and should have been a penalty. The one in questions is the one wear he hit Murray's knee. Kind of like what happened to Palmer a couple of years ago in the playoff game.

I figured that one was flagged.  I might cruise over to tidesports in a while to find it.  I'm most certain they have a thread up devoted to that one play. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 02:39:26 PM »
Here's some commentary about how dirty Fairley is, which includes the play in question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 03:14:02 PM »
For some reason, I think of this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 03:23:11 PM »
UGA has a beat writer/reporter named "Steak?"

He looks like the guy that Brodie gives the stink palm to in Mallrats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 03:28:24 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'