Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cam Newton says he innocent

JR4AU

Re: Cam Newton says he innocent
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 11:33:56 AM »
I would love to pick Keihl Fraziers dad for more info.

How is Frazier's dad now involved here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010, 11:37:56 AM »
Media fucks shit up all the time.  And technically, as I said "contact" is contact whether indirect or direct.  Jay Evans-Barker was saying this all morning yesterday correcting folks about who "contacted" who.   Bond, the way he said it in his interview, basically said "yeah he contacted me, but did it through 2 other people".  He implied that the contact was ordered to be made, and the message was from Rogers.   Could there be a legal distinction here?  MAYBE...a common sense distinction?  Not really.  If I deliver you a message directly or through a runner, it's my message to you.

Hey man, I am in total agreement here, I'm just saying this was not a part of the original report. It just seems to me that this whole thing has lost some "credibility" now that this has been set straight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2010, 11:39:25 AM »
Keihl Frazier Dad's skreets are no match for The Prowler.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2010, 11:39:44 AM »

He isn't really involved, its just something he said which I quoted a few post back from auburneagle.com.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2010, 11:57:47 AM »
Hey man, I am in total agreement here, I'm just saying this was not a part of the original report. It just seems to me that this whole thing has lost some "credibility" now that this has been set straight.

I had a case reported in the local paper the other day.  Dude plead guilty and was sent to prison for 8 years.  One paper neglected to put the sentence he received in the paper.  Pretty big detail. 

Contact is technically correct...if they left out it was via a messenger, it's still contact. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 12:15:05 PM »
You do realize that If I call you and offer you money directly, or send someone with a message to offer you money, or send someone with a message to someone else to deliver a message...that's contact, by me, and amounts to the same thing.  Is it harder to prove, but factually, it's me contacting you wheter fact to face, electronically, or through an intermediary.  And now you're reaching for things that don't matter to Auburn really.  IF Bond was contacted and was told "I was told to deliver this message to you" or contacted and told "I heard this rumor" the effect is the same with regard to him reporting it to his AD. 

The only parties to hate at this point, and we don't know who...yet...are the ones in the media that held this hit until Nov 4th 2010 when they knew about it as early as Jan. 2010
I see this more as going down more like Bond heard from a former player that he had heard from someone else who had heard from someone else that Rogers had implied that if MSU wanted Newton, it would probably cost them cash. Not so much Rogers trying to actually orchestrate an actual deal, but having implied this without ever hearing this from the Newtons based on an assumption. The "telephone game effect" possibly could have come into play as well diluting what was originally said further. The more that comes out, the more it appears that no one flat out said they wished to make a deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 12:30:39 PM »
I see this more as going down more like Bond heard from a former player that he had heard from someone else who had heard from someone else that Rogers had implied that if MSU wanted Newton, it would probably cost them cash. Not so much Rogers trying to actually orchestrate an actual deal, but having implied this without ever hearing this from the Newtons based on an assumption. The "telephone game effect" possibly could have come into play as well diluting what was originally said further. The more that comes out, the more it appears that no one flat out said they wished to make a deal.

What you "see it as" isn't what Bond is saying, implying, or ever said or implied.  He said, and I heard the interview (which I linked here in another post), Rogers contacted him through an intermediary (actually 2), with a message that Cam was for sale.  He was clear that it was a message sent to him through someone else.   BUT, even if he simply heard a rumor, he did the right thing in bringing it to the attention of his AD.   You're trying hard to manufacture a reason to make Bond the bad guy here...and I think you're barking up the wrong tree.  If Stan White heard a rumor, that someone was pimping a player for money, I'd want him to let Jacobs know.  Not doing exactly that kind of thing is how programs get in trouble, BECAUSE the likes of Rogers don't ever walk directly in the the head coach's office, or the AD's office with a written contract to secure a player in exchange for money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 01:19:01 PM »
What you "see it as" isn't what Bond is saying, implying, or ever said or implied.  He said, and I heard the interview (which I linked here in another post), Rogers contacted him through an intermediary (actually 2), with a message that Cam was for sale.  He was clear that it was a message sent to him through someone else.   BUT, even if he simply heard a rumor, he did the right thing in bringing it to the attention of his AD.   You're trying hard to manufacture a reason to make Bond the bad guy here...and I think you're barking up the wrong tree.  If Stan White heard a rumor, that someone was pimping a player for money, I'd want him to let Jacobs know.  Not doing exactly that kind of thing is how programs get in trouble, BECAUSE the likes of Rogers don't ever walk directly in the the head coach's office, or the AD's office with a written contract to secure a player in exchange for money.
John Zenor AP writer per Chopper's post in short...
A man who said he represented...he sought payment to secure... unidentified people said Rogers was the one.
Seems as if Bond and the AD or Asst. AD identified the party as Rogers who knew to keep his distance by using some go-betweens. I find no difficulty believing Cecil Newton was smart enough to stay clear of these type of contacts.
 People like Jay Evans-Barker and Shane will continue to beat the drum but I think anyone of any note would avoid commenting for fear of damaging their reputation. What is said offhanded on a recruiting visit is an entirely different matter but I think that the entire tale has come to this and will permeate until the next infamous headline surfaces. We might even see these pseudo claims against AU and the Newtons in the future so as to perpetuate the lie's empty beginnings and subsequent failure. In other words, if the first story lacked quality, then we have to opt for quantity. And that is a sad Bamer's wet dream on a slow day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 05:43:47 PM »
What about the three-way call between Meyer, Mullens & Bond?  Bond said that Meyer would deny it happened....Meyer denies it happened.  So, we're back at square one?  This reminds me of that movie "Burn After Reading".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 05:48:16 PM »
This whole thing sounds like a very shitty version of The Blind Side. Jesus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2010, 06:17:56 PM »
This whole thing sounds like a very shitty version of The Blind Side. Jesus.
Yup...

Family owns fastfood resturants - Kenny Rogers is in the middle of this story...unless he isn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2010, 08:21:06 PM »
What about the three-way call between Meyer, Mullens & Bond?  Bond said that Meyer would deny it happened....Meyer denies it happened.  So, we're back at square one?  This reminds me of that movie "Burn After Reading".

Bond denies the call too.  Fact are, there's not many real facts.  At this point, it's nothing more than Rogers sending a messenger to Bond...as long as Cam and his Daddy didn't know about it Cam and Auburn are fine.  MSU took care of business on their end too it seems.  You know...sometimes there's REALLY just not anymore to it than what is actually known.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2010, 08:25:41 PM »
Bond denies the call too.  Fact are, there's not many real facts.  At this point, it's nothing more than Rogers sending a messenger to Bond...as long as Cam and his Daddy didn't know about it Cam and Auburn are fine.  MSU took care of business on their end too it seems.  You know...sometimes there's REALLY just not anymore to it than what is actually known.

I'm really starting to think that Rogers may have passed along a message trying to swindle money w/o the Newtons knowing about it. He probably figured Cam would go to MSU anyway since his diddy was so interested. Once Cam committed to Auburn, Rogers hid for a while. I am just wondering why Meyers name keeps coming up. I find that a bit interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2010, 01:47:03 AM »
So, who the fuck gave Petey the quoted pieces of his "story"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2010, 06:54:09 AM »
Cam's dad can show who donated the money to kill this story. Unless he doesn't want to.
The church has to keep records(just like a business) for their tax exempt status.
Next time have someone put it in the pass around plate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2010, 08:28:01 AM »
Cam's dad can show who donated the money to kill this story. Unless he doesn't want to.
The church has to keep records(just like a business) for their tax exempt status.
Next time
have someone put it in the pass around plate.

He has turned over that info to the NCAA, he just didn't feel it necessary to disclose that info to the AP writer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2010, 11:39:32 AM »
Found this own woopig. The dude that posted it seemed to have done his homework, so you can take it for what its worth.
Anthony Paige is an agent with Perennial Sports and Entertainment. He represents Cam's brother.

He also is the "contractor" who fixed Newton's church.

"Bishop Cecil Newton informed Council he had contacted Mr. Anthony Paige, Contractor,
who will be able to do the complete project and now has a contract with him.
Mayor Brady advised Mr. Newton he would like for him to obtain the necessary work
permits to begin work on the site by July 21, 2009 since there has been no progress in the
last one hundred eighty (180) days. He indicated if this happens, they will be willing to give
him time to finish the project.
The contractor informed Council he feels it will be close but should be able to get the
plans for the project at 115 Temple Avenue competed for the permits to be obtained
before July 21, 2009.
Motion by Councilwoman Jenkins, seconded by Councilman Shell to grant an extension
until July 21, 2009 for Bishop Newton to obtain the necessary work permits on the
substandard structure located at 115 Temple Avenue."

http://13psi.com/something-stinks-in-pahokee/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions