Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AU's dominating run game

Ogre

AU's dominating run game
« on: November 03, 2010, 01:57:26 PM »
Auburn has rushed for 1,948 yards in SEC games. No other team in the league has reached the 1,000-yard mark yet.

Suck on that, SEC. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: AU's dominating run game
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 01:58:51 PM »
Auburn has rushed for 1,948 yards in SEC games. No other team in the league has reached the 1,000-yard mark yet.

Suck on that, SEC.

We're one-dimensional
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 02:29:29 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 03:13:55 PM »
Were delusional.
I' admit to being delusional in the past, but my team is ready to grind up the remaining SEC victims and play for the MNC as God intended. And yes Auburn runs it pretty good too.

I am not however as delusional as Bamer fans even when I was delusional in the past.

And I am certain to be suffering from withdrawals by not being able to claim another SEC victim this week. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:20:24 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 07:25:05 AM »
High school offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 08:10:09 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 08:50:36 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 08:57:04 AM »
:classic: bammerism
I'm a gimmicky kinda guy, but don't show me no new wrinkles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 09:19:23 AM »
The SEC is down this year.

The WAC and Mountain West conferences are playing at championship level.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 09:38:25 AM »
The WAC and Mountain West conferences are playing at championship level.
For the love of God, Lou Holtz just deemed us one dimensional on Mike and Mike , Lou Holtz... the guy that wrote the book on one dimensional.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 09:51:40 AM »
For the love of God, Lou Holtz just deemed us one dimensional on Mike and Mike , Lou Holtz... the guy that wrote the book on one dimensional.

I read his book: The One Dimension.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 09:54:54 AM »
I read his book: The One Dimension.
He wrote the forward too. That's how one dimensional this guy was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 10:10:13 AM »
He wrote the forward too. That's how one dimensional this guy was.
:rimshot:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 11:15:33 AM »
Lou Holtz has dementia?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 11:57:27 AM »
Lou Holtz has dementia?

Johnny and the Mothers are playing "Stompin' at the Savoy" in Vermont tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 12:03:37 PM »
Southside Johnny was the boss before "The Boss".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 12:51:49 PM »

You shouldn't grab me, Johnny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 01:18:22 PM »
Back on topic:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/mike_dyer_following_bo_jackson.html
Mike Dyer following Bo Jackson's lead by gaining big yards as an Auburn freshman
Published: Thursday, November 04, 2010, 8:05 AM   
  Charles Goldberg/Auburn Bureau, The Birmingham News, Press-Register, and The Huntsville Times

AUBURN -- Mike Dyer isn't going to nudge Cam Newton out of the spotlight this football season, but the Auburn running back is within easy striking range of surpassing a school record held by the most famous Tiger of them all.

Dyer needs 107 yards to break Bo Jackson's freshman record for most rushing yards in a season, and Jackson doesn't seem to have a problem with that.

"I know Bo talked to all those guys on how to finish, and it's probably something they really took to heart,'' said coach Gene Chizik.

Jackson has spurred Dyer and tailback Onterio McCalebb throughout the season, helping Auburn, at least in some way, to its best start since 2004.

Auburn is 9-0, ranked No. 2 in the BCS and leads the SEC in rushing offense, total offense and scoring offense. Newton is the principal reason why - he leads the SEC in rushing and has accounted for 30 touchdowns - but the Dyer and McCalebb have shown in the last few weeks they can eat up the yards, too.

Dyer has rushed for 280 yards in the last two weeks, or 39 percent of his 723-yard season total. And that's kind of how running backs coach Curtis Luper envisioned Dyer's season.

"It was our intent to kind of start off slow with him, and kind of work him into the offense, so the last four or five games of the season we could have him at full strength,'' Luper said.

Dyer had 21 carries for 180 yards against Ole Miss last Saturday. That's an Auburn freshman record in an SEC game. Dyer is also fourth in the nation among freshman running backs, averaging 80.3 yards per game.

Luper said he can see the tailback getting 20-25 carries in games down the stretch.

"That's him. He's always been that way. Eight thousand yards in high school just shows you that he's got it,'' Luper said. "He needs carries. He can handle 30, probably. He's strong. He likes to get in that rhythm.''

McCalebb, a sophomore, has shadowed Dyer with touchdown runs of 70 and 68 yards in the last two games. Newton's 1,122 yards add to the mix.

Dyer was slowed early in the year with a minor knee injury, but, on a 30-yard touchdown run against Ole Miss, he showed the speed that made him ESPN.com's No. 1-rated high school tailback last season.

"I feel a lot better. I think my body has gotten in better shape,'' he said. "I got back in treatment and did some things to overcome some of the bruises that I had.''

Dyer is looking for durability. He found it when Ole Miss' defense did everything to stop Newton from running. The plan worked on the surface. Newton carried it 11 times for only 45 yards. But Dyer and McCalebb combined for 39 carries and 279 yards.

That will give Georgia and Alabama something to ponder when they design their defenses to stop Auburn.

Dyer said he's had no problem with Newton showing the way, though.

"Really, he's been doing his job,'' Dyer said. "He's really been a major part of the offense. Running backs are trying to step it up a notch and try to help him out. We're just trying to take more pressure off him and try to do a better in our roles.''

The first person to share the praise, even as the focal point of the offense,  has been Newton.

"I think that any guy is really proud when someone else says, 'Hey, he's the reason I did this.' Or, `He's the reason I did that.'  He's been doing a good job of that,'' Dyer said. 

Luper said Dyer has been doing a good job, too.

"He's very conscientious. He wants to do well,'' Luper said. "He wants to win. He studies extra. He's what we thought he was, and more.''
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 01:40:19 PM »
Dyer is a beast and what is so exciting is the fast he is a Fr RB. I can only imagine what his career at Auburn is gonna be like.

Dyer was slowed early in the year with a minor knee injury, but, on a 30-yard touchdown run against Ole Miss, he showed the speed that made him ESPN.com's No. 1-rated high school tailback last season.
I can still run this play through my head like it just happened. The kid showed off his jets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions