Hello Guest

2021 Pandemic Version Of Baseball Bitchin' & Moanin'
Started by Snaggletiger
75 Replies    1097 Views
GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
  • I’m a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: 2021 Pandemic Version Of Baseball Bitchin' & Moanin'
Didn't you hear?  The Mets got Francisco Lindor.  They're scrappy now.

I did hear an interview yesterday on The Dan Patrick Show with 1st Baseman, Pete Alonso.  (Go Gusty Gaytah)  Not that you'd expect him to say anything else, but he sounded genuinely pumped about their season.  I don't see it with that line up, but they should be better.  Patrick asked him who he thought was the best power hitter in NY.  Alonso said he didn't want to come off as roostery but he considers himself the best power hitter in the game.

He is a strapping young lad. 

the Mets and the New York football giants say they winning it all this year!
WDE

AUJarhead
  • Brother X
  • Alumni President
the Mets and the New York football giants say they winning it all this year!
How will that be possible when we all know its the Cubs year?

Buzz Killington
  • Board of Trustees
  • I like the way they dribble up and down the court
How will that be possible when we all know its the Cubs year?
To finish 2nd in the Central behind the Redbirds
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
To finish 2nd in the Central behind the Redbirds

Redbirds look unbeatable this year....so far.....
WDE

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
Redbirds look unbeatable this year....so far.....
Cards/Yankees.  Another classic.
Boy, giraffes are selfish.  Just running around, looking out for #1....getting hit by lightning.....

GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
Cards/Yankees.  Another classic.
They're SOOOOOO good. Probably won't lose a game....wire to wire champions. Why are the other teams even playing?
WDE

AUJarhead
  • Brother X
  • Alumni President
Moving the all star game is grade A bullshoot. 

Buzz Killington
  • Board of Trustees
Stacey Abrams is always right tho
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington
  • Board of Trustees
Whelp, glad that's over.  Now I can start looking forward to next year again.

jmar
  • Alumni President
Yeah I was 8/15ths of the way to adding MLB on Roku. 

Just look at the savings!

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
I am strongly considering going full Kaos on this season after that All Star game bullshoot.  Has nothing to do with Atlanta or my Braves.  This woke shoot has GOT TO STOP.  MLB caved to those sick bastards.  Just make a damn statement that we’re staying out of politics.  But noooo.  Did anyone read this bill? I did and I don’t live in Jawjah.  The things being said about It are outright lies.  Even that senile old bastard, Joe Biden, thinks the bill is about having minorities pass out in voting lines from dehydration.  Fuuuuuuck MLB.
Boy, giraffes are selfish.  Just running around, looking out for #1....getting hit by lightning.....

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
I just went to their website and called every number on there.  Of course it goes to voice mail and every mailbox is full.  I’ll find a way to contact those pieces of shoot one way or another.  For the time being, those assholes are dead to me.

jmar
  • Alumni President
I just went to their website and called every number on there.  Of course it goes to voice mail and every mailbox is full.  I’ll find a way to contact those pieces of shoot one way or another.  For the time being, those assholes are dead to me.
The SEC Championship is next!
Not that any of us would be concerned about that...

...well maybe Token.

GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
I am strongly considering going full Kaos on this season after that All Star game bullshoot.  Has nothing to do with Atlanta or my Braves.  This woke shoot has GOT TO STOP.  MLB caved to those sick bastards.  Just make a damn statement that we’re staying out of politics.  But noooo.  Did anyone read this bill? I did and I don’t live in Jawjah.  The things being said about It are outright lies.  Even that senile old bastard, Joe Biden, thinks the bill is about having minorities pass out in voting lines from dehydration.  Fuuuuuuck MLB.

yep. With ya. It’s crossed the line. It’s so far over the line I can’t even see the line anymore. 

Braves disagree with MLB. GOOD. Love my braves. But fudge MLB. I don’t know all the details of the cba but I’ve read mention of some legal action possibly by the braves. All moving the game is gonna do is a hurt a ton of people who had nothing to do with anything. I was actually considering attending it being so close which doesn’t happen very often.
WDE

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
Since they won't answer the phone, my email to MLB.

I am writing to voice my extreme displeasure with your decision to move the All-Star game from Atlanta.  You say that the decision was based on the new voting law passed in Georgia; however, it is blatantly obvious that no one in your organization took the time to even read or research it, but rather, based your position on misinformation and outright lies.  Anyone who actually reads it would know that the very notion that the law in any way, shape or form, suppresses or hinders anyone’s ability to vote, borders on the ridiculous.  But, no need to belabor the point, your decision is made.  And so is mine.

Your organization, and all professional sports exist because of one thing, and one thing only….the fans.  Whenever you take positions on political and “social justice” issues, you must realize that you will always alienate a huge percentage of those fans, especially in today’s climate.  Sports are an escape from the every day world.  We are inundated daily with those issues and I would venture a guess that the overwhelming majority of fans don’t want that spilling over into that escape.  We don’t want you, or the NFL, or the NBA force-feeding your political positions down our collective throats.

Your decision to pull the game ironically hurts the very people you claim to support. Either you didn’t think that through, or more likely, you really don’t care.  MLB took a stand, and an embarrassing one at that.  Until that stops, you can count me as another former fan and supporter of your product.

The Six
  • Alumni
  • Roar Lions. Former Auburn Fan 1976-2020.
The SEC Championship is next!
Not that any of us would be concerned about that...

...well maybe Token.
You know, UAB has a nice new stadium. Might as well move the game there. F Atlanta.
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg