Hello Guest

I'm not made for this....
Started by Kaos
24 Replies    2169 Views
GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
Re: I'm not made for this....
I was thinking about this Tuesday night while out at the world famous National Peanut Festival.  Went in one of the exhibit buildings and there was a booth there that had two absolutely beautiful Australian Shepherds.  They had these vests on with pockets you could put money in and the cash is supposed to go to cancer research for dogs.  Cats too, I suppose.  Couldn't help but throw a few bucks in just for the opportunity to love on them for a few.

Aussies are bad ass, BTW.  I lived in Gentilly Trailer Park for a couple of years and our next door neighbor had an Aussie named Mike.  He stayed at our trailer more than his owner's.  Every time I would go jogging, Mike would come out and run with me, staying a few feet in front.  There were all kinds of dogs in that park and it was his mission any time one came running out, to either beat the shoot out of them or at the very least, administer a stern but fair lecture.

Mike was cool.
If there were a like button....
WDE

wesfau2
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
  • I love it when you call me Big Poppa
That sucks in all the worst ways, K.  I'm sorry for your loss.
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos
  • Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
  • Jeez
Thanks to all of you.  

It's weird.  I guess I'll get used to it, but I left a meeting early to come home to let him in. I knew he'd want to be inside because it was storming.  And about halfway home it hit me that he wasn't out there.  

I don't know about a new dog. Maybe. In a while.  I just can't imagine I could ever find one as even tempered, as laid back, as quietly supporting and as easy to care for as Tucker.  Wasn't really a dog so much as he was a roommate that I had to feed. After the couch incident I can't remember him ever doing anything bad.  He didn't tear things up, dig holes, shoot or piss in the house, or anything.  I didn't have to train him.  He just knew instinctively when he got in my truck to sit in his seat, look out the window and enjoy the ride.  Well, he did dig a red-dirt tunnel under his house one summer and lived under there for a while.  Which sucked when it rained and filled the tunnel half up with water and he'd come swimming out covered in goo wanting to sit in your lap.  

Anyway, thanks for the kind words and thoughts.  He was a good dog and it would make him really happy to know other people knew it.  
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

#NotMyAriel

GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
Thanks to all of you. 

It's weird.  I guess I'll get used to it, but I left a meeting early to come home to let him in. I knew he'd want to be inside because it was storming.  And about halfway home it hit me that he wasn't out there. 

I don't know about a new dog. Maybe. In a while.  I just can't imagine I could ever find one as even tempered, as laid back, as quietly supporting and as easy to care for as Tucker.  Wasn't really a dog so much as he was a roommate that I had to feed. After the couch incident I can't remember him ever doing anything bad.  He didn't tear things up, dig holes, shoot or piss in the house, or anything.  I didn't have to train him.  He just knew instinctively when he got in my truck to sit in his seat, look out the window and enjoy the ride.  Well, he did dig a red-dirt tunnel under his house one summer and lived under there for a while.  Which sucked when it rained and filled the tunnel half up with water and he'd come swimming out covered in goo wanting to sit in your lap. 

Anyway, thanks for the kind words and thoughts.  He was a good dog and it would make him really happy to know other people knew it. 

I get it dude. The older I get the more I like dogs - than people. They don’t care. They don’t judge you. They just love ya. With no caveats.
WDE

Kaos
  • Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
  • Jeez
Kids gave me a stuffed animal for Christmas.   

It’s uncanny. 
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

#NotMyAriel