Bob Kingsley Passes
Started by Snaggletiger
2 Replies    548 Views
Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
Bob Kingsley Passes
National Radio Hall of Famer, Bob Kingsley, died today at age 80.  This will mean nothing to a lot of you, but this guy was one of the most recognizable voices in country music for decades.  He hosted the American Country Countdown every week and was in radio for right at 60 years.  He had one of those voices that you heard and said, "Yep, I know how he got that gig."

Country is not at the top of my music playlist, but I can't count the hours I listened to his show.   
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 11:41:39 AM by Snaggletiger »
Boy, giraffes are selfish.  Just running around, looking out for #1....getting hit by lightning.....

• Read 548 times
  • Broun Hall
  • 2 Replies

Kaos
  • Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
  • Jeez
Re: Bob Kingsley Passes
His best role was Ghandi.  He’s made some stinkers since.  
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU
  • Brother
  • Alumni President
  • War Eagle!
Re: Bob Kingsley Passes
Bob, Ben, Ruttabega, what's the difference huh?
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.