Hello Guest

2019 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
Started by AUJarhead
618 Replies    29632 Views
Buzz Killington
  • Board of Trustees
  • I like the way they dribble up and down the court
Re: 2019 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
If the Hallmark Christmas movie reruns weren't on, I'd be all over this game 7.
Chop on
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
I was in New Orleans Friday through Sunday so I saw little or nothing of games 3, 4 and 5.  Watched just about the entire game last night and I've given into the fact that I'm pulling for the Nats.  No real reason other than they were a decided underdog going into this series. 

Useless tidbit of info here.  I guess I had just never heard an interview with Anthony Rendon, so I've always had it in my mind that he was Hispanic.  Rendon sounds Spanish and he looks the part. (Profiling here)  I was googled chroming him to see his salary.  He's from Virginia.  Played college ball at Rice.  Plus, I think it's time he got paid.  Dude is making $2.8 mil. 
Boy, giraffes are selfish.  Just running around, looking out for #1....getting hit by lightning.....

AUJarhead
  • Brother X
  • Alumni President
Rendon would look really good with a birds on the bat logo on his jersey. 

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
Rendon would look really good with a birds on the bat logo on his jersey.
I'll bet he can chop with the best of em'.
Boy, giraffes are selfish.  Just running around, looking out for #1....getting hit by lightning.....

Buzz Killington
  • Board of Trustees
I'll bet he can chop with the best of em'.
You want him to play OL at Auburn?  Gus just perked up.
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUJarhead
  • Brother X
  • Alumni President
You want him to play OL at Auburn?  Gus just perked up.
I thought we were riding for the brand?

AUJarhead
  • Brother X
  • Alumni President
Congrats to the Nats. 

Ok, so what do the Braves/Cubs/Cards/Os (lol) need to do to be holding the Commissioner's Trophy this time next year?  (snags, I swear to the baseball gods, if you say win 4 games in the world series, I'm sending Buzz down to Dothan to take Mrs Snags out for a nice seafood dinner).

Buzz Killington
  • Board of Trustees
Cubs just need to show up.  Dancing their way to a 100 win regular season and fox trotting through the playoff sweeps.

Or maybe they need some younger starting pitchers.  Yeah...that's it.  More better pitching.
And a true leadoff hitter.  And a real left fielder.
Oh, and a real closer.

They are close though.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 09:24:22 AM by Buzz Killington »

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
Congrats to the Nats. 

Ok, so what do the Braves/Cubs/Cards/Os (lol) need to do to be holding the Commissioner's Trophy this time next year?  (snags, I swear to the baseball gods, if you say win 4 games in the world series, I'm sending Buzz down to Dothan to take Mrs Snags out for a nice seafood dinner).
Is he paying? 

Braves:  They have 3 or 4 really good, young starting pitchers.  They need to add that one Scherzer/Cole/Kershaw type ace to the staff.  Yeah, that sounds like a strategy no one has ever heard of there, Captain Obvious.  But, they've been good enough to make the playoffs the past two years and it's clear they don't have that stud to put them over the top like everyone else has.

I like their line up but I'm afraid Donaldson was just a rent-a-bat this year.  He's at well over $20 mil and I can't see the Braves signing him long term at his age.  Would love it, but I don't see it happening.  So, they'll need a big stick to replace him.  Top priority is also a catcher.  McCann retired and Flowers is just Gawd Awful. 

Buzz Killington
  • Board of Trustees
Is he paying? 

Braves:  They have 3 or 4 really good, young starting pitchers.  They need to add that one Scherzer/Cole/Kershaw type ace to the staff.  Yeah, that sounds like a strategy no one has ever heard of there, Captain Obvious.  But, they've been good enough to make the playoffs the past two years and it's clear they don't have that stud to put them over the top like everyone else has.

I like their line up but I'm afraid Donaldson was just a rent-a-bat this year.  He's at well over $20 mil and I can't see the Braves signing him long term at his age.  Would love it, but I don't see it happening.  So, they'll need a big stick to replace him.  Top priority is also a catcher.  McCann retired and Flowers is just Gawd Awful.
Maybe they can work up a trade with the Cubs to get Schwarber.  He's a natural catcher, plus his .177 average as a leadoff hitter is hard to beat.

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
Speaking of Gerrit Cole, anyone see him post game?  He was wearing his agent's (Scott Boras) cap and told reporters, "I'm not an employee of the Astros anymore."

Sounds like someone's entering the transfer portal.

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
Maybe they can work up a trade with the Cubs to get Schwarber.  He's a natural catcher, plus his .177 average as a leadoff hitter is hard to beat.
As bad as Flowers is, I'm not sure I want to give his cool .193 average for that.  After all, he did almost hit 5 home runs this year.

Buzz Killington
  • Board of Trustees
Speaking of Gerrit Cole, anyone see him post game?  He was wearing his agent's (Scott Boras) cap and told reporters, "I'm not an employee of the Astros anymore."

Sounds like someone's entering the transfer portal.
He about to get paid.

AUJarhead
  • Brother X
  • Alumni President
He about to get paid.

He would also look really good with Birds on the Bat on his jersey.

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
He would also look really good with Birds on the Bat on his jersey.
I heard he was considering the Cardinals, but then he thought....

Image result for Bird droppings images

AUJarhead
  • Brother X
  • Alumni President
I heard he was considering the Cardinals, but then he thought....

Image result for Bird droppings images
If there were ever a car that screamed FUGA, that would be it.

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
If there were ever a car that screamed FUGA, that would be it.
I would personally like to take a giant, mawonga dump right on the windshield.  Then turn the wipers on for them.  fudge Georgia!

AUJarhead
  • Brother X
  • Alumni President
I would personally like to take a giant, mawonga dump right on the windshield.  Then turn the wipers on for them.  fudge Georgia!
And then I'd put a banana in the tailpipe.

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
And then I'd put a banana in the tailpipe.
We're not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe trick.

AUJarhead
  • Brother X
  • Alumni President
We're not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe trick.