Hello Guest

No Craft Beer Thread?
Started by wesfau2
74 Replies    17654 Views
GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
Re: No Craft Beer Thread?
I don't drink high ABV at the tailgate.  Rookie move.

Yes but watching Buzz dance like a drunk monkey is sooooo worth it.
WDE

dallaswareagle
  • Alumni President
  • Standing on holy ground.
Yes but watching Buzz dance like a drunk monkey is sooooo worth it.

Not if he is chasing your wife.   :haha:
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Token
  • Short Bus Member
  • Alumni
New Belgium Fat Tire is a very smooth amber ale.  Solid choice.

Back 40 has a coffee stout called Trade Day. 

Samuel Smith's nut brown ale, for those brown ale peeps.

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
New Belgium Fat Tire is a very smooth amber ale.  Solid choice.

Back 40 has a coffee stout called Trade Day. 

Samuel Smith's nut brown ale, for those brown ale peeps.

Samuel Smith's NBA is an old go-to for me.  Love that stuff.
Boy, giraffes are selfish.  Just running around, looking out for #1....getting hit by lightning.....

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
There's a brewery here in Dothan that's really taken off in the few short years it's been open.  Folklore Brewery and Meadery.  They've currently got 6 different high gravity beers.  Very popular in the Wiregrass area.  One really good Pale Ale. 
Boy, giraffes are selfish.  Just running around, looking out for #1....getting hit by lightning.....

GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
There's a brewery here in Dothan that's really taken off in the few short years it's been open.  Folklore Brewery and Meadery.  They've currently got 6 different high gravity beers.  Very popular in the Wiregrass area.  One really good Pale Ale.

People down there drink something besides Keystone? Who knew.
WDE

wesfau2
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
  • I love it when you call me Big Poppa
People down there drink something besides Keystone? Who knew.

Snags is all fancy and shoot.  He drinks Landshark in front of the plebes.  He even salts it.
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
Snags is all fancy and shoot.  He drinks Landshark in front of the plebes.  He even salts it.

I wouldn't trust the guy.

#30A
WDE

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
I wouldn't trust the guy.

#30A

^^^This^^^  Speaking of #30A, I'm going down this weekend for the Songwriter's Festival...and beers...with salt...and seafood.

GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
^^^This^^^  Speaking of #30A, I'm going down this weekend for the Songwriter's Festival...and beers...with salt...and seafood.

And a lot of hard nipples.
WDE

wesfau2
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
Had four SixPoint Hi-Res IIIPA with the game.

10.5% each.  Delicious, if you like the style.

Two would have been plenty.

The Six
  • Alumni
  • Only Zuul.
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

dallaswareagle
  • Alumni President
This is a local brew, ( don't know if they sell it nation wide yet) good starting taste with a very hoppy finish.  A very good wheat beer for those that like them.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

chinook
  • Brother X
  • Alumni President
This is a local brew, ( don't know if they sell it nation wide yet) good starting taste with a very hoppy finish.  A very good wheat beer for those that like them.

interesting a wheat beer is "very hoppy" much less "hoppy"

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
I had been hitting the Sweetwater 420's and IPA's recently and decided to switch it up.  Tried Samuel Adams Crystal Pale Ale and was very pleasantly surprised.  A good bit lighter and not nearly as full flavored or bold as the Sweetwaters.  Definite hint of citrus, possibly lemon. I believe I'll have to pour one up this evening.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:32:06 PM by Snaggletiger »

dallaswareagle
  • Alumni President
I had been hitting the Sweetwater 420's and IPA's recently and decided to switch it up.  Tried Samuel Adams Crystal Pale Ale and was very pleasantly surprised.  A good bit lighter and not nearly as full flavored or bold as the Sweetwaters.  Definite hint of citrus, possibly lemon. I believe I'll have to pour one up this evening.

Temps in upper 70's right now, throwing some deer jalapeno sausage on the grill and having a few of these.

wesfau2
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
Picked up a sixer of Ballast Point's Pineapple Sculpin.

Love the original....love love the Grapefruit...sorely disappointed in the Pineapple.

The smell is amazing and sets you up for a big letdown in the taste.  Not bad...an average IPA, but the fruit flavor is flat and a little off-putting.

Maybe I expected too much based on the prior iterations of this brew, but I wouldn't waste the time/effort/money to grab this.  $16.49 a six is robbery on this one.

jmar
  • Alumni President
Enjoying a Murphy's Stout on a Friday. Minus the burnt flavor of a Guiness this is still one of the best and I can only imagine what the real deal is like on tap. And for the authentic black and tan I have it on good authority that it's a Harp Lager and a Murphy's just so you know. Now kiss my ass.

jmar
  • Alumni President
One of my favs as an all around brew is Anchor Steam. It is top flight and the best bet to be a hit at any gathering among those that are accustomed to the mega brewed swill. It's a 5.6 with all the qualities of a solid beer for leisure or thirst and a goto at jmar's.

GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
Enjoying a Murphy's Stout on a Friday. Minus the burnt flavor of a Guiness this is still one of the best and I can only imagine what the real deal is like on tap. And for the authentic black and tan I have it on good authority that it's a Harp Lager and a Murphy's just so you know. Now kiss my ass.

The UK are extremely heavy on roasted malt in their beers. Especially Scotland. Suck it up buttercup.

FYI - Black and Tan is an American invention. Just like how we "celebrate" st Patrick's day by getting drunk, listening to drop kick murphys, wearing green and acting like idiots.
WDE