Hello Guest

Small batch bourbons
Started by MarkChand
305 Replies    46743 Views
MarkChand
  • Junior
Re: Small batch bourbons
We done warned you bout' that damn Bookers, boy.

I like to learn lessons the hard way. Have you ever tried to pet a bobcat with a fist full of briars?

AUTiger1
  • Senior Brother
  • Alumni President
  • Eat a Peach
We done warned you bout' that damn Bookers, boy.
They don't listen to us do they?

Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.
They don't listen to us do they?

I chortled.
WDE

MarkChand
  • Junior
Broke the seal on Noah's Mill: 12 year old 114.3 proof burb.

Tried to tackle this beast neat, bad call. Intense oakiness and burn like a hot oak ember on your tongue. The peppery fire from the alcohol kicked like a 3-legged ninja all the way down. I applied a thin coat of vagasil to my tender area and dropped 2 ice cubes into my glass. Completely different drink. The flavors really opened up, nice sweetness with a hint of vanilla, some tobacco notes also. The alcohol burn relaxed quite a bit too. I'm working on glass #2 right now.

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
So last night, I picked up a bottle of Basil Hayden. Upon opening the bottle, I immediately detected a hint of cinnamon and polmegranite.  It poured up in the Auburn stadium cup a deep golden brown and seemed to take on a more oreganoey aroma. As I added the coke product, the color turned a more chocolatey doo doo brown, but lightened as the ice cubes kerplunked in.  I shook the cup lightly and was pleasantly surprised by a fizzy, sort of bubbly popping, crackling noise.  Of course, the added coke product produced the wafting scent of a young school boys soiled undergarments.  The first sip started smooth but then exploded into a cornucopia of carbonationey meat marinades.  The finish elicited fond memories of afternoon showers with the football team. 

I'd have to give it a solid B+       
You guys ever thought about the fact that the guy who coined the term, "coined the term", coined the term?

AUTiger1
  • Senior Brother
  • Alumni President
  • Eat a Peach
So last night, I picked up a bottle of Basil Hayden. Upon opening the bottle, I immediately detected a hint of cinnamon and polmegranite.  It poured up in the Auburn stadium cup a deep golden brown and seemed to take on a more oreganoey aroma. As I added the coke product, the color turned a more chocolatey doo doo brown, but lightened as the ice cubes kerplunked in.  I shook the cup lightly and was pleasantly surprised by a fizzy, sort of bubbly popping, crackling noise.  Of course, the added coke product produced the wafting scent of a young school boys soiled undergarments.  The first sip started smooth but then exploded into a cornucopia of carbonationey meat marinades.  The finish elicited fond memories of afternoon showers with the football team. 

I'd have to give it a solid B+     

:bugs:

If you hadn't used coke product you would have given it an A.

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
:bugs:

If you hadn't used coke product you would have given it an A.

You should see what Knob Creek does for me.
You guys ever thought about the fact that the guy who coined the term, "coined the term", coined the term?

AUTiger1
  • Senior Brother
  • Alumni President
  • Eat a Peach
You should see what Knob Creek does for me.

Knob Creek is good, overrated and overpriced, but good.

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls

Overpriced, I agree with.  But because of the rest of your post, you need to shut your dirty Whorish mouf.

AUTiger1
  • Senior Brother
  • Alumni President
  • Eat a Peach
Overpriced, I agree with.  But because of the rest of your post, you need to shut your dirty Whorish mouf.

I said it was good!  I am thinking at that price though it should be something that I can't get enough of.  It didn't "WOW" me like I thought it would. 

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
I said it was good!  I am thinking at that price though it should be something that I can't get enough of.  It didn't "WOW" me like I thought it would.

Damn it...coke product, man...coke product.

I have all but stopped buying it unless I'm somewhere other than the high priced likker store on the way home. It's run by a friend of mine and I think you saw a pic of the "Help".  Knob is frickin' $48.00 there.  Down at the beach, I can get the same bottle for $32.00 - $36.00.  Been hitting a lot of Woodford lately.  Sweet stuff.

GH2001
  • Board of Trustees
  • Hot. Very hot.

THIS ^^^^
WDE

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
THIS ^^^^

Ahem....is Snags gonna' have to slap some bitches around here?

AUTiger1
  • Senior Brother
  • Alumni President
  • Eat a Peach
Coke product may be the missing ingredien............wait, what the fudge am I saying?

Now see, $32-$36 is more like it.  I can't find it that cheap here.  More around $40.  At that price the Makers Mark and the Eagle rare at $26-$30 just seem to pull me in, every once in a while I am strong and hit a bottle of Basil Haydens or Woodford.   God how I love those two.  It's unhealthy, it really is, but I digress.  If I could find teh KC that cheap, it would be a staple.

Yes, I saw a picture of the help.  Love lickher stores like that.

djsimp
  • Board of Trustees
  • Why don't you blow me ump!
My fav is the Craig. Just some damn fine tasting whiskey to me. I likes me some Wild Turkey but that shoot kicks my ass. My uncle gave me some Johnny Walker once....I'm glad I didn't pay for that shoot. Typically I reach for Evans though.

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
Much to my dismay, she left to pursue other career opportunities.  Damn fine woman, she was.  I did grab some Basil last night.  I was wrong earlier as it was $44.00.  Still, I have to be in the mood to splurge before I eclipse the $40.00 mark for whiskey drinks.

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
Not withstanding the vagina jokes, any wine drinkers on board?  I am and usually start the night with a glass before or during supper. It took many years of experimenting before I landed on a type that I like.  Just wasn't in to wine but on occasion, would try something different when I didn't feel like anything heavy.  Was down in Destin several years back and tried a Chardonnay that made me go, that's it.  That's what I've been looking for.  Then I started trying to find Chardonnays with similar tastes and have really gotten into them.   

AUTiger1
  • Senior Brother
  • Alumni President
  • Eat a Peach
My fav is the Craig. Just some damn fine tasting whiskey to me. I likes me some Wild Turkey but that shoot kicks my ass. My uncle gave me some Johnny Walker once....I'm glad I didn't pay for that shoot. Typically I reach for Evans though.

Gotdamn! And you drink Jack Black too............ I like the Craig, but for the love god man...........Evan Williams????  I know you got 47 kids and they are expensive, but damn!  Just damn!

Much to my dismay, she left to pursue other career opportunities.  Damn fine woman, she was.  I did grab some Basil last night.  I was wrong earlier as it was $44.00.  Still, I have to be in the mood to splurge before I eclipse the $40.00 mark for whiskey drinks.

If it's over $35 then 9 times out of 10 I am not buying unless I know that only myself will be partaking.   I never share my top quality with folks unless they are "special guest".   Ex.  My neighbor comes to my house, I offer him the house bourbon, if it's someone that I don't particularly like, he gets offered "cooking bourbon".  If it's someone new or someone I haven't seen in a while, then I will go to the top shelf...........and the new person better mind his fudgeing manners or he will soon be demoted to something lesser.

I have rules dammit! And no alligators!

Snaggletiger
  • Brother X
  • Board of Trustees
  • My Fighting Pearls
So if I come to your house and get richardel....

djsimp
  • Board of Trustees
  • Why don't you blow me ump!
Gotdamn! And you drink Jack Black too............ I like the Craig, but for the love god man...........Evan Williams????  I know you got 47 kids and they are expensive, but damn!  Just damn!

Jack Black not really that often but I have bought it at times. Not really bad at all in my opinion but usually if I go that route I'll get the Craig, its cheaper. Funny thing is I originally bought the Craig because I wanted to try something different and it had a cool bottle. Wonderful surprise inside. As for the Evans, yeah I like it.

By the way, thats 46 thank you.