Hello Guest

The Walking Dead
Started by Saniflush
995 Replies    128576 Views
Townhallsavoy
  • Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
Re: The Walking Dead
Spoiler alert. Guess Rick should have lost his hand by now.

I figured they weren't going to take his hand at all.  I haven't read the GN, so I don't know what the missing hand is about.  It's AMC and they're not pumping a whole lot of money into TWD.  Giving Rick a nub each week seems like more than they would be willing to do. 
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp
  • Board of Trustees
  • Why don't you blow me ump!
I figured they weren't going to take his hand at all.  I haven't read the GN, so I don't know what the missing hand is about.  It's AMC and they're not pumping a whole lot of money into TWD.  Giving Rick a nub each week seems like more than they would be willing to do.

They did Hershel.

AWK
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
  • Damn Right.
Wut...

Apparently they make 8 million an episode and only pay 2.8 to make an episode... Guess you are right.
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos
  • Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
  • Jeez
Wut...

Apparently they make 8 million an episode and only pay 2.8 to make an episode... Guess you are right.

Link?
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

#NotMyAriel

chinook
  • Brother X
  • Alumni President

and Carl's eye shot out.

Townhallsavoy
  • Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
Link?

I don't have a link, but I've read that before.  I'm surprised the actors haven't asked for huge pay raises since the show is AMC's most popular. 

But I did forget about Herschel.  Though hiding a leg below the knee is a lot easier than a hand at the wrist. 

Saniflush
  • Senior Officer
  • Board of Trustees

Yea this is seen by everyone as one of those differences between the comic and the series.  Herschel took it for the team at about same time in the story as rick did in the comic.
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shootty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol
  • Brother
  • Alumni
  • Bitches ain't shoot but hos and tricks.
Yea this is seen by everyone as one of those differences between the comic and the series.  Herschel took it for the team at about same time in the story as rick did in the comic.

Why didn't anyone tell me before he died that Herschel would take it?  fudgeers.
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush
  • Senior Officer
  • Board of Trustees
Why didn't anyone tell me before he died that Herschel would take it?  fudgeers.

Well he was loose.
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shootty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos
  • Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
  • Jeez
The show has been on from start to finish on one of the cable channels this weekend.  I haven't watched any of the episodes, but at various times I've turned over and watched a few minutes here and there when there was nothing else on or I was bored. 

It dawned on me in the middle of the night last night that despite our complaints about the pace and the way the stories were being told, a whole lot of stuff has happened in the series.  Way more than I would have thought. 

#NotMyAriel

Saniflush
  • Senior Officer
  • Board of Trustees
Carl needs to get in the house.

I am actually still on board with the series.  I don't like some of the pacing but most of it has been necessary for other story lines.

Buzz Killington
  • Board of Trustees
  • I like the way they dribble up and down the court
After watching the Talking Dead last night, I can't wait for this season to start.  Sounds like the premiere will be non-stop fast action rather than Rick hoeing.
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUownsU
  • Senior
  • Hold my beer.
Rewatching first 2 seasons so far because my life is just that exciting. First let me say thats good shoot. Couple things I've picked up on the 2nd time around...

When T dog gets cut and gets an infection, Daryl pulls out a bag of Merel's supplies and mentions meth. Its blue.

After Sophia is found. Rick begins to doubt himself. When talking about leading the group on a wild goose chase in search of Sophia, He tells Lori, "I was just out chasing a ghost in the woods. "

I also have a theory about the show being better on Netflix. Obviously aside from the commercials, not having a weeks worth of anticipation in between shows kind of relieves the pressure of advancing the storyline. In other words, I don't seem to be as worried about the pointless conversations/filler. Instead I just enjoy it for what it is, which is a pretty damn good show.

Townhallsavoy
  • Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees

I also have a theory about the show being better on Netflix. Obviously aside from the commercials, not having a weeks worth of anticipation in between shows kind of relieves the pressure of advancing the storyline. In other words, I don't seem to be as worried about the pointless conversations/filler. Instead I just enjoy it for what it is, which is a pretty damn good show.

I mentioned this earlier in this thread.  I watched seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix and was hooked.  I was shocked to come here and read that people thought season 2 was lame, slow, and boring.  Then I watched season 3 and noticed the pacing issues. 

djsimp
  • Board of Trustees

Kaos
  • Senior Brother
  • Board of Trustees
  • Jeez
Really good episode tonight. A little deus ex machina with the order of executions and the handy fireworks but good overall. 

Gives me great hope for a quality season.

#NotMyAriel

Tiger Wench
  • Little Sister
  • Alumni President
  • Does this armour make my ass look big?
Really good episode tonight. A little deus ex machina with the order of executions and the handy fireworks but good overall. 

Gives me great hope for a quality season.

And then Morgan showing up in the woods at the end... Lots of promise. Hope they don't screw it up. It was a fabulous start.

Jumbo
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Wow, the trough scene was intense.
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp
  • Board of Trustees
Best episode of the entire series imo, to the point I'm watching the encore. That was great.

wesfau2
  • Officer
  • Alumni President
  • I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Eh...I thought we'd get more play from the whole Terminus group.

It was a lot of setup for the herd to play the part of destroyer (with a little help from Carol).
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.